Following our accreditation from Best Companies as ‘an outstanding place to work’ in early April 2020, PICS has now been listed in three major rankings:
- UK’s top 100 UK Large Companies to Work For (between 200-2,000 staff)
- Top 10 companies to work for in the Health and Social care sector
- Top companies to work for in the Midlands
Alison Rounce, Managing Director, shares why this independent assessment of employee engagement is important:
“It’s fantastic to gain external recognition of how engaged PICS staff are in delivering high quality and safe services for our patients. We care about our colleagues and we all work hard to provide a supportive and healthy workplace. Our way of working builds a collaborative culture which enables us to innovate with our partners to improve health and social care in our communities. This is a great achievement particularly after a very challenging year.”
Best Companies accreditation is a national scheme which measures employee engagement and leadership and benchmarks results with organisations across the UK. Being involved is a learning and improvement opportunity which gives the PICS leadership team an understanding of what we do well.
In early 2021, PICS sent data and information to Best Companies at their request, and they also independently surveyed staff. The bHeard survey launched on the 15 March and closed on Monday 29 March. In April, we received a Best Companies Index score (BCI) and a rating based on the survey and data analysis.
PICS scored 729.3
Best Companies scoring thresholds for a rating are:
- One to watch – score of 600 and above.
- 1* – score of 659.5 and above: Very good
- 2* – score of 696.5 and above: Outstanding – PICS
- 3* – score of 738 and above: World Class (we are less than ten points away from this rating which is a massive achievement in our first year of accreditation)